Calcium (Ca) needs cofactors to be more effective. Our cofactors tell the cells to open up and receive the Ca they so desperately need. Otherwise, absorption is low.
So many Options
You can also find all these Calcium-Collection products at the Trusted Authority website: DM1.US
One of the best scientific papers on Calcium is from Oregon State University, Linus Pauling Institute. https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/minerals/calcium
Here is an excerpt from that paper.
- Calcium (Ca) is a major constituent of bones and teeth and also plays an essential role as second messenger in cell-signaling pathways. Circulating Ca concentrations are tightly controlled by the parathyroid hormone (PTH) and vitamin D at the expense of the skeleton when dietary Ca intakes are inadequate. (More information)
- The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for Ca is 1,000 mg/day-1,200 mg/day for adults. (More information)
- The skeleton is a reserve of Ca drawn upon to maintain normal serum Ca in case of inadequate dietary Ca. Thus, Ca sufficiency is required to maximize the attainment of peak bone mass during growth and to limit the progressive demineralization of bones later in life, which leads to osteoporosis, bone fragility, and an increased risk of fractures. (More information)
- High concentrations of Ca and oxalate in the urine are major risk factors for the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidneys. Because dietary Ca intake has been inversely associated with stone occurrence, it is thought that adequate Ca consumption may reduce the absorption of dietary oxalate, thus reducing urinary oxalate and kidney stone formation. (More information)
- Data from observational studies and randomized controlled trials support Ca supplementation in reducing the risk of high blood pressure and preeclampsia in pregnant women. The World Health Organization advises that all pregnant women in areas of low Ca intake (i.e., low-income countries with intakes around 300 to 600 mg/day) be given supplemental Ca starting in the 20th week of pregnancy. (More information)
- Prospective cohort studies have reported an association between higher Ca intakes and lower risk of developing colorectal cancer; however, large clinical trials of Ca supplementation are needed. (More information)
- Current available data suggest that adequate Ca intakes may play a role in body weight regulation and have therapeutic benefits in the management of moderate-to-severe premenstrual symptoms. (More information)
- Adequate Ca intake is critical for maintaining a healthy skeleton. Ca is found in a variety of foods, including dairy products, beans, and vegetables of the kale family. Yet, content and bioavailability vary among foods, and certain drugs are known to adversely affect Ca absorption. (More information)
- Hypercalcemia, a condition of abnormally high concentrations of Ca in blood, is usually due to malignancy or primary hyperparathyroidism. However, the use of large doses of supplemental Ca, together with absorbable alkali, increases the risk of hypercalcemia, especially in postmenopausal women. Often associated with gastrointestinal disturbances, hypercalcemia can be fatal if left untreated. (More information)
- High Ca intakes — either from dairy foods or from supplements — have been associated with increased risks of prostate cancer and cardiovascular events in some, but not all, observational and intervention studies. However, there is currently no evidence of such detrimental effects when people consume a total of 1,000 to 1,200 mg/day of Ca (diet and supplements combined), as recommended by the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine. (More information)
Calcium (Ca) is the most abundant mineral in the human body. About 99% of the Ca in the body is found in bones and teeth, while the other 1% is found in the blood and soft tissue. Ca concentrations in the blood and fluid surrounding the cells (extracellular fluid) must be maintained within a narrow concentration range for normal physiological functioning. The physiological functions of Ca are so vital to survival that the body will stimulate bone resorption (demineralization) to maintain normal blood Ca concentrations when Ca intake is inadequate. Thus, adequate intake of Ca is a critical factor in maintaining a healthy skeleton (1).
(There is much more to the paper. DM)